Sunday, January 03, 2010

Things I'm nervous about next semester

1. Going to Washington DC for the March for Life.
I'm pro-choice, but I decided to go to this, because it would be a good experience for me, and something I will never get to do outside of college. I will have to keep my thoughts to myself for this one day, but it will be worth it when I get to see a group of people fighting for something they love, even if it isn't what I believe. I think it will be easier for me than a lot of other people who are pro-choice because I am personally pro-life. I do not support anyone in abortion nor will I advise anyone for it, but I don't criticize or judge those who do it, hence why I'm pro-choice. So this trip makes me nervous, due to my views.

2. Taking 25 credit hours.
This is a ridiculous about of credits, which makes me really nervous. Thankfully, a lot of my classes are easy, but it is still a ton of time taken out of my day, as well as time taken away from possibly working. I will have to bust out my great time management skills to accomplish this heavy task. But I'm slightly excited for it, because I'm always up for a challenge.

3. Doing something this summer
I applied for ULIP (Urban Leadership Internship Program), and I get the results January 25th. I will be applying for SOUL as well, which the application is due January 15th, and that's during the week get back. I have one person writing a letter of recommendation for me, and I'm trying to find another person. I just don't know who to ask. I might ask my RA, though. In fact, I should email her while I'm thinking about it. Either way, I'm nervous I'm not going to have anything for this summer. This is my last summer to prove myself, and I'm afraid I'll be working at taco bell again.

4. Writing
I need to have at least two very well put together short stories for next fall (for applying to grad school), which means I really need to get writing. I don't think I have anything right now that would be good enough if I just edited it, so I need two new stories (about 30 pages is the average requirement). I'm not sure I can do it.

So as you can see, while next semester is going to be amazingly exciting, I'm still really nervous about it. Time is running out. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Moria said...

I'm sure you'll do well in managing your time for the 25 credits + working thing:P That March for Life thing sounds amazing, and I can't wait to hear all about how it was. i definitely hope you get the internships and stuff you want for the summer, so you wont have to work 24/7 twisting pretzels and making tacos=\