Friday, October 09, 2009

Unfairness of Life

I really wish I knew why life was so unfair to me. I try really hard to be good at life, and it always seems to backfire. Most people can do so many things and are really good at so many things, and then there's me, who isn't good at anything. I don't ask for much. I just hate that I can't be good at something. I mean, I get decent grades, I play flute at a middle school level now, and I know a few more musicals than I used to. But it seems like so many other people know so much more than I do. I have this new friend, Reina, who knows so much about jazz music and she can play the piano like none other. Plus she's doing like five hundred activities and helping the environment and going to the march this weekend. It's fantastic, and I am highly jealous. We all know about Luke and his ease at life. I met a girl the other day who has 22 credit hours, works 2 jobs- one at a hospital and one at a crisis center for over 60 hours working a week, and she still gets straight As. Why can't I do that? Why am I so limited in what I can do? Why am I learning so little compared to everyone else? What is everyone else doing right that I'm doing wrong?

No comments: