Tuesday, October 20, 2009

National Day of Writing

So today is the national day of writing. I thought I'd honor it to reflect myself as a writer.

One thing I've been doing lately is writing before Econ class. I wake up the same time every day (7:43). I have econ at 9:05 mwf, and sightsinging at 8 tr. So I catch the 8:11 bus on MWF and have a nice relaxing wake up ride for twenty minutes before arriving at the business building (it's a 10 minute walk, but I think the ride really helps me to collect my thoughts, plus it's cold outside). Then I write for a half hour before econ class. This is really the only time in my day that I have to write, so I've been trying to take complete advantage of it. I've been writing a lot of poetry and some play scenes, but not anything musical, for which I'm slightly disappointed. I think it's great, though, that I'm at least doing something and not expecting to be a great musical writer without practice. My poems are very songlike, though they have no music behind them. They're also very musical-theatre esque in their topics and styles.

I'm not really sure what else to say. That's the only kind of writing I do, really. I write a ton of response things for classes, but I don't feel as if I'm getting any better at those. Perhaps I should work on it...

No comments: