Sunday, January 11, 2009

Note before College

I'm at college right now. It's pretty exciting. I had a lovely weekend with Lukeboy. In fact, he's PotW 40, because he's prettty amazing and let me stay at his house for like, ever. He took me to Oxford to eat with Lara and Caitlin, which was extra-ly special. He also took me to his nearest mall- 45 minutes on the highway away. haha. We also just sat around and played a little piano. As usual his family was amazing and nice, even when they were making fun of me for being a picky eater.

Let me add to the list of movies I've seen this break:

1. Finding Neverland
2. Meet the Parents
3. I am Legend
4. August Rush.

I have already seen Meet the Parents and August Rush before break, but it's always exciting to re-watch movies, right? I don't know what to think of I am Legend. It was kind of slow, very creepy, and I never knew what was going on. Finding Neverland was beautiful; I really liked all of it, 'cept well, the divorce. But obviously that had nothing to do with the new woman, because they were already sleeping in separate rooms.

So books I've read this break:

1. Twilight
2. New Moon
3. Eclipse
4. Breaking Dawn
5. Pride and Prejudice

So I didn't get too much reading done, but the reading I did get done was important to me for several reasons: I really needed to formulate an accurate opinion on Twilight because I really talked down about it without reading it. Now I still am not exactly in love with it, but I can see why girls are addicted to it. Pride and Prejudice was a disappointment. I mean, it wasn't the worst book I've ever read, but it seemed to drag on and on and on. It was very frustrating.

So now classes start tomorrow. I have to get my Physics book still, and I'm really hoping that Shriver has it. Thankfully, though, I have my book for theory already and for sightsinging and for piano. So that's exciting. But I left my piano book at home, so I might have to borrow one until my mom can ship it. I also have to work, so we'll see how that goes. It's supposed to be the sucky shift- 9am-1pm. :-\ It's the slow shift because the dining hall is closed to meal plans from 10:30-12:30 for who knows why.

I think that's all I have to say.
Recap:

YAY for luke being PotW (an even number at that, and divisible by 8...be happy :D)
YAY for more lists
YAY for school starting.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Shriver closes to meal plans around noon to give professors a chance at getting lunch without having to wait in massive lines with students. I don't know how effective it really is.

-Mich, being creepy again.