Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Next Semester sucks.

So I'm trying to figure out my schedule for next semester. It sucks because I am a double major with a minor. Here's why this sucks:

English Courses: English courses all want to be on T/R on the hour and fifteen minute schedule.
Education Courses: Education Courses like to change their times for different days.
Music Courses: Whether on MW or TR, Music likes to take up random hours that don't fit the normal Miami class schedule.

These three problems combined don't fit very well into my schedule because I need all three types of classes. I plan on taking Honors JRN 201 Honors COM 135, ENG 123, ENG 231, ENG 320, MUS 102, MUS 109S, MUS 152, and EDT 190. This is 24 credits. Don't get me wrong, it sounds like a lot, but it's a whole lots less work than this semester because of marching band. Plus I don't have anything that isn't related to either major or minor. I have three classes for my major- JRN 201, COM 135, and EDT 190. These classes are all fun and easy. Three classes towards my other major- ENG 123, 231, and 320. Poetry, short story, and fiction. YAY! I've already had two of the teachers, so I pretty much know what to expect. My minor- MUS 102, 152, 109S. These are all fun, theory/playing classes. No study, just show up in class.

I'm really hoping I can sign up for all of these classes. I'm heading for the honors ones first, since they'll be the hardest to get into. Then the EDT, since I really need to get into that, then music, and then english classes. I think I might have to force add my 320 since it's such a higher level than the rest, but we'll see.

My M/W/F will be fairly easy- all music except for journalism. T/R are going to suck because all of my english and education classes are on these days. bleh. Plus sightsinging. But at least I get to sleep in?

1 comment:

Tim Parenti said...

Yeah, sometimes you just get those semesters where nothing seems to line up well at all. Then you get those where everything works perfectly.

Probably the most frustrating thing for me this term is my Tuesday night class, because just about everything is on Tuesday nights, and I always have to miss it. But other than that, everything fits really nicely. I'm not so sure about next term, though, because I may not be able to take Western Music for my minor.