Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Arrangement

I'm going to rearrange my goals into order of importance and put goals that are similar together and such.

1. Write more.
-This is most important as a writer because I feel like I need to get in tune with my writing and my art.

2. More Cultured.
-This is second because reading important books is good for a writer. Knowing what's going on in the world is as well. I also feel like I need to broaden myself, so that's very important to me.

3. Look Good/Feel Good.
-This includes working out, doing yoga, and sleeping. I've decided to combine them since they all seem to relate to each other. This is important for my health, so it's important on my list.

4. See more of my friends and family.
-This is high up because I'm leaving in August for college and I want to make sure I tightly bond with everyone I love here before I leave so that I have friends to come back to when I come home.

5. Look Pretty
-This is important because I read that if you dress pretty, then you feel pretty. And when you feel pretty, you're happier, and if you're happier, you're less likely to ruin something.

6. Give more to the community.
-I want to try and give more to the community. I'm organizing a Gold Award project now, though I'm not a big fan of doing it. I'm going through my clothes to donate them to the women's shelter, though. That's nice.

7. Take more pictures.
-This is important because it helps bring back memories and makes everyone feel good looking back at them.

8. Get a new Job
-This is least important because it's the hardest. If it happens it happens, but I'm not going to put all of my time into it because, as you can see, I have other important things to do.

So now I have 8 resolutions for 2008, ordered in importance, and everything is good.

Oh, plus a two hour delay :D Perfect way to start off the year!

1 comment:

Tim Parenti said...

Haha, well there you go. I agree that #8 should be 8th, because not only is 8 a good number, but also you've already got a job, and whether you like it or not, it helps pay the bills. But you do need to be happy where you are, too.

I think your priorities are good for starting out at least. Maybe after a few months of progress (assuming you make progress), you can reassess and rearrange as necessary.