Friday, July 08, 2005

Appointments

Today I woke up at 8:10, thinking it was 6:10 Saturday Morning. Well, I hurried out of bed, and ran to the bathroom, getting ready for work. Then I realised that it was Friday- the day of my eye apointment and Finly's doctor appointment. We left the house at around 9:00 to go pick up Jocelyn from her "nana's". Then we drove on over to the eye appointment place- Pearl Vision. I have perfect vision, left eye a little worse than my right, as usual. I couldn't see the 3-D junk, as usual. Nothing about my vision has changed. Jo needs to get a better perscription, and Alli has a caly-something in her eyes, but it's nothing to worry about. Both Alli and Jo got new glasses, while I sat there with dialaited (sp?) pupils. We all did. Anyways, then at 12 we drove home, picked Finly up (Finly HATES cars, by the way, so he wouldn't get in) and then dropped Alli off at work. Finly was early for his appointment, and so we sat in the waiting room for a half hour. He really wanted to make a lot of friends, but my mom had to hold him. Then finally we were able to go in and see the doctor (I forget his name, obviously.) Well, they talked a lot about what types of shots we should get him and when. We have to go back in three weeks for more shots (he can't get too many at once). They said he's really healthy, but once we get him fixed, we have to watch what we feed him, because his matabolism (sp?) will go down and he won't have as much energy. We talked about flea and tick treatment, and stuff he can take to prevent it. They really stressed heartworm medication, because a lot of dogs get it. But my mom says we shouldn't get it, because none of her dogs ever had it. I believe we should. I don't know. Maybe I should research. Anyways, Finly was really scared to get the shots, well, not the shots, but to get up on the table to get the shots. He was like when he tried to get into the car. It was pretty funny. Then we left, paid $50 and went on our way. We stopped at the bank to get money for Florida, and then we came home. Finly now loves being in the car, and jumps in instead of gets pushed. Now I am eating watermelon and typing this up. In a couple hours we are going to pick up Alli from work, and then get the stuff to grill hamburgers and we're having a cookout!

1 comment:

Miles C. said...

Mmmmm...food...

Finly sounds like my dog!