Thursday, January 07, 2010

Equal Love

This collection of short stories by Peter Ho Davies wasn't as good as Michael Byers, at least in my opinion. It was really about love between families and parents and children, basically about love. But the endings of each short story seemed to be missing something, or perhaps I was just lost in their meaning. Peter Ho Davies also works at University of Michigan (can you see a pattern in my reading here? haha), and he's a great writer, I just felt like it was lacking something, though I odn't know what. Most of his stories seemed very ADD/stream of conscience with a slight direction. And he writes second person very well, I thought. Each individual story was really touching, and I feel like I got a lot out of reading it. So I guess this is my third book of the year. :D Getting off to a good start.

1 comment:

Moria said...

yay! keep up the good work on your reading!