Saturday, June 06, 2009

Bare: A Pop Opera



I can't get enough of this show. I keep listening to it as if it's the only thing that exists. I don't relate to any of the characters, which is why this surprises me even more. There are 4, possibly 5, really developed characters. Peter, the main character, is obviously my favorite. Ivy is probably my second, then Nadia and Jason. I'm not sure if I should consider Matt a main character, but I like his character a lot, too. He definitely causes the climax of the show, too, so that must be important. I also like the my mom.

The music is also really, really good. I love absolutely every song. I have a few favorites, but they keep changing. Right now it's All Grown Up, Ivy's number about how, because of her actions, she is now pregnant at 17. I think it's interesting that this song doesn't have a more Catholic view. But either way, I like it.

I also really like God Don't Make No Trash. This might be my favorite, haha. Because it's so true. I hate how Catholics forget this, even though it's their own theory. Oh, I guess Sister Chantelle is also a main-ish character. This is her song. I love her.

I also really like the song, See Me. The emotions of Peter and his mother, in the following song, Warning, I don't know. I just really like it and can't help tearing up.

Absolution, Cross, and Are You There are the songs that really make me cry. I can't describe my feelings for these songs, it's not like I know where anyone is coming from, so I don't know. :-\

I also like Nadia's songs. Let me just say I like all of the songs. haha.

No comments: