Sunday, January 04, 2009

Falling In Love

It was only yesterday that you didn't mean anything to me.
At least it seems that way.
But four years ago you took the challenge
and finally you won.
You broke my hard core that pushed everything away.
You got to me.
No one has ever tried as hard as you to show me love.
No one else has ever loved me as hard.
And now, I'm completely head over heels.
I love you more than Juliet loved Romeo,
More than Peter Pan did Wendy,
Belle and the Beast, and all other princess stories.
I love you.
It seems so easy to say. But it isn't easy to feel.
It took you and me a while before I was okay.
You've taught me so much through this.
And I am forever indebted to you.
Which is okay by me because I want to be with you.
Forever.
And nothing,
not a person, not the distance between us, not anything,
can take that away from us- me.
If I didn't have you in my life,
I honestly cannot think of what my life would possibly be.
I am a better person because of you.
I see the stars brighter in the sky,
I hear a heartbeat louder.
Smell, touch, taste.
All senses are enhanced, because they have to be.
In love, I finally feel alive.

1 comment:

Moria said...

i really...really...REALLY love this poem!:)<3 and its going in my collection of friends poems:)