Saturday, February 16, 2008

This Week

This week has been crazy. Completely and totally crazy. School's been delayed, canceled, canceled for the little ones, and then PSSAs have been canceled and rescheduled as well. So that's been giving me a crazy, crazy week. Musical's also been going on pretty heavy, only this week we had to cancel a practice due to cancellation of school.

I took this religion quiz, to see what my believes match me up are.

Here's my results:

1. Reform Judaism (100%)
2. Liberal Quakers (90%)
3. Orthodox Judaism (87%)
4. Bahá'í Faith (87%)
5. Islam (83%)
6. Sikhism (82%)
7. Unitarian Universalism (80%)
8. Orthodox Quaker (76%)
9. Mainline to Liberal Christian Protestants (76%)
10. Jainism (70%)
11. Mahayana Buddhism (66%)
12. Neo-Pagan (65%)
13. Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (Mormons) (59%)
14. Theravada Buddhism (59%)
15. New Age (56%)
16. Seventh Day Adventist (54%)
17. Secular Humanism (51%)
18. Mainline to Conservative Christian/Protestant (50%)
19. Jehovah's Witness (50%)
20. Scientology (46%)
21. Hinduism (46%)
22. Taoism (46%)
23. Eastern Orthodox (41%)
24. Roman Catholic (41%)
25. New Thought (41%)
26. Christian Science (Church of Christ, Scientist) (32%)
27. Nontheist (31%)
This quiz probably isn't the most accurate, but it's pretty weird to see that Christianity isn't even on there. I can't be 100% Reform Judiasm, because when I looked at it (click on the link) it says they believe that Moses is an incarnation of God, and I don't believe that. I really like the Liberal Quakers, though I don't think Quakers even exist these days. But I like how within themselves their certain believes on issues may vary, but they've got a common goal to eliminate bad and violence. They are a Christian group, so I guess Christianity is sort of on there? haha. I don't know. I really like them.

So my classes are getting easier.

Calculus: I feel like I really know what's going on right now in that class. We're doing stuff dealing with the natural log and e, which I didn't quite understand back during Trig, but now I think I really do. I really like deriving these, 'cause they're easy.

Government: Well, I'm not doing so well in government. I just completely made up answers to the test today, 'cause I didn't do the reading. Oh well, I'll make up the points later, I suppose. Our project will be good, so hopefully that'll make everything better.

Latin: I really want to start learning more about latin and stuff, but Mrs. Conrad isn't the greatest teacher for format and organization, so I'll just have to wait until college. Not that she isn't a fun teacher, and I do learn from her, but I guess everyone else in the class holds her down. Which isn't very fun.

English: I really like the stories we're reading now. The poetry paper, however, is going to kill my grade because it's like 300 points for the paper, 100 for the works cited, and like 100 total for the progress stuff (outline, thesis, etc). Whenever we pick vocabulary back up, I'm going to be very overworked.

Physics: I have an A in this class so far, is that good? I just think she's gotta stop going so random about everything. The kennywood trip forms were handed out. I'm not sure if I want to go. I might want to take the English AP test, which is that day, so I'd be taking a bus to Kennywood later, but I also want to be home early that night for Andrea Day, so I'd be taking the 1:00 bus, so I don't think it'd be worth it. Plus that's $19 out of my pocket for something I don't want to do. I mean, I love Kennywood, but I don't want to go around and research it.

Band and Chorus: These are fun. Band has been extremely fun this year because Ted and I play together a lot. I'll always be in the middle of practicing my songs for class and he'll come over with a duet book and throw it on my stand. It's funny. Actually, I can't say always 'cause that's only happened like twice. :-\ Chorus is fun. Well, chorus is in the stage of boringness. It goes from really exciting, to okay, to boring, and then later in the year, sometime after musical it goes back to fun.

Speaking of Ted, he's going to be my POTW! Cause he's pretty cool, plus he helped me with yearbook stuff. He plays piano really well, though neither of us agree with the piece on where to put your fingers when. I don't know, he's just a pretty sweet guy.

Yearbook is crazy. I have so much to do with it. I have 10 pages to do. I still need to type up the intro page, though I think I might have enough for it. I need to get candids for the intro page. Marching Band page is done. Mr. B pages, I need the paragraph, the concert band names, and the candids. Mr. K pages, I need the paragraph, one more name, and the candids. Mr. Campion, I need the freshmen names, candids and a paragraph. Mr. Lavelle's pages, I need a whole lot of candids and a paragraph. So pretty much I just need to type in words and add candids.

Work is pretty bad. I can't really stand work too much. But I love the people there. Kiara especially. And I love opening now because Kirsten comes in and opens with me. I think the people there are the main reason I don't quit, because I really like them lots.

I think that's all I have to say about life right now.
Yeah.

2 comments:

Tim Parenti said...

I hardly ever follow the printed fingering suggestions in piano music. Sometimes they're helpful, but other times, they're just weird, and you can get almost the same sound just by adjusting the pressure you use with whatever other finger.

Miles C. said...

I read this :(