Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Guys

I really really want to be a writer. So I bought some books to help get me motivated. One is called "the portable MFA in creative writing". It's this really neat book about this guy who discusses ideas on writing and stuff. I haven't read too much of it, but so far I've already found a way to combine a dream or thought with a poem or a past writing to create a story. It's really neat. I'm looking forward to doing some of these types of writing. I got another one called "The Lively Art of Writing". I haven't started it yet but it's about writing styles and techniques on using words. That'll be good because once I do have an idea and get it down on paper, it'd be nice to know some ways to make the idea sound good. Then the third book I got I don't remember what it's called because it isn't out here with me, but it gives you a prompt a day to just write down some thoughts and later you can expand on the story or have ideas for the future. It's really nice and I think I'm going to try some of the prompts, but not daily and not on the right day.

2 comments:

Tim Parenti said...

That's really cool. I can't wait to read more of your writings!

Miles C. said...

You like that book don't you.