Saturday, January 02, 2010

Don't Reach for the Stars

I was right in front of the golden star.
Finally I was about to touch
pure perfection.
As I approached, it flew away.
I spent my whole life reaching for the stars,
Put all my effort into being the best.
The best at being the best.
Yet, when I finally achieved everything
when I was finally there,
the star ran.
My struggles were for nothing,
the pain, the triumphs, the hope.
All for nothing.
Some star.
Maybe I'll try reaching for something a little
closer to home.

3 comments:

Vi Khi Nao said...

your poems are so soft and heartfelt. i just want to float up to them like clouds.

Lexi Elizabeth said...

Thank you. That's the nicest comment I've ever received.

Maroussia said...

It will be great to watch Les Miserables, i have bought tickets from
http://ticketfront.com/event/Les_Miserables-tickets looking forward to it.