Monday, December 31, 2007

Approaching the end of 2007

YAY IT'S ALMOST 2008 :D

Wow has this year flown by. I can still remember writing a recount of last year. This year has been crazy. I don't want to write a detailed description of this year at all, but I'd just like to say that this year, I feel, hasn't changed too much from last year. I'm still in the process of finding myself, I still have the most amazing boyfriend in the whole world and the bestest friend anyone could ever have.

But this year I do have a lot of resolutions.

I want to be more girly. I want to wear more girly things like jewelry and cute clothes. My new favorite color is pink (along with blue, purple, and green). I have so many clothes that are pink with hearts, and I love them. I want to wear body lotion and maybe (ish) wear makeup? But not mascara or eye liner 'cause I hate that stuff. Just like lip gloss. I just want to feel pretty.

I want to look good. I want to work out, possibly. Walk to work more often, maybe go for jogs at my house. Over the summer I want to maybe apply for a Bally's membership and work out so I can be in shape. I've learned that even though I'm skinny no matter what I eat, I'm in really bad shape. I also want to do yoga. I want to buy a yoga mat and some CDs and just get in tune with my body and stuff.

I want to give more. I tend to spend a lot of time and money on myself. Everything I do is for me. I want to try and give more. Give more time to my little sister since I'm leaving her next year. Or rather, at the end of this year. I want to give to the community, too.

I want to spend more time with friends. I haven't really gone out and had a social life since like, I was a sophomore. So Laurel and I have planned to request off one day each month just for us. I want to have some time with my other friends too. Libby, Janie, Blair, Moria, etc.

I want to be more cultured. It seems like every book I read is some random romance novel or some murder book. I want to start reading the classics, like Ulysses (sitting in my bedroom :-\) and Angels and Demons. I want to listen to a broader selection of music. I want to know what's going on in the world. I know I tried the whole current events blog earlier, but maybe I'll try working on it again this year.

I want a new job. I absolutely despise the job I have. I hate working with food. Even if my bosses were nice, which they aren't, I just can't stand working there anymore. It's too stressful. I love the people there, but I just need a new job.

I want to write more. I want to do more with my writing. I have a book that gives little prompts daily. You don't have to write a lot towards the prompt unless one jumps out at you, but each and every day I will set aside time to write in my journal towards the given prompt. These various prompts will help me train my writing and learn what I like. I'm excited. I'm also going to try and work on some of my projects already started.

I want to sleep more. Sleep is the healthiest thing you can do for your body. If time permits, I plan on sleeping from at least midnight until 6:15 every day. On weekends I plan to sleep in until later.

I want to take more pictures. I have a camera, so I should use it! I want pictures of Laurel and me, I want pictures of me playing my oboe, I want pictures of people doing what they love to do. I just want to take more pictures.


I think that's it? I swear I had more in my head, so if I remember them I'll add them.

Well, happy new year! :D

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I resolve to be more craig-ish.

Tim Parenti said...

Some good resolutions. I see a little bit of my own in a few of those...