Friday, August 26, 2005

My first game

It was a blast! Couldn't have been better! We started out coming to practice and goofing off for an hour, because we got a ride from jess- who was doing uniforms. Only drumline, Jess, Brian A., and Tricia, Kelly Z, and I were there before 5. Then slowly people showed up. I was basically bored to death til we started going outside to practice before the game. It was only drizzling then. Finally we all line up in parade order and march to the field. Flutes were last, and none of the woodwinds had to carry their instruments, so we carried our bags down to the stadium. We were already soaked by the time we got out onto the field. I love the rain, so I didn't mind. Well, til I found out I couldn't read any of my music! haha. But it was so much fun, marching pre-game in the rain. They dropped the flag a little, but not as much as any of the practices. I completely forgot the middle part of the Alma Mater (sp?!) and since I didn't have it with me, I pretty much faked that song. But then we got to put our instruments away. And I sat next to Blair and Tricia and Kelsey. I had Blair buy me popcorn! Shawn and his girlfriend, Ali, Tricia, Tori, and basically everyone around me helped me eat it (not like i couldn't have eaten it on my own). We had candy from my squad leader to eat too. And everytime we scored a touchdown we counted the points and the brass players played hot time and bethel victory. I was dancing with Ali. We bounced up and down, shaking the whole seat. Everyone was yelling at us to sit down. Which made it even more fun. Then halftime came. The other band sucked, worse than the football team. They didn't even have matching shirts, much less uniforms. The people around me were talking, it was so annoying, I couldn't hear the other band play. I was standing STILL! And everyone around me was talking and moving. But whatever. I thought we played okay, considering the rain was everywhere. No one seemed to have slipped on the grass, although people were losing music. But then we came back and cheered on the drumline. Then we scored like 9 million points. Counting the points in one breath was so much fun! Then I jumped up and down some more. I sat next to Ali though this time, and LibbyAnn came over and we sang Bethel Victory at the top of our lungs! It was amazingly fun! And every one took their hair down. Ali's wasn't that bad, I don't know how mine was, Libby's was funny, and Tricia's was hideous. The guys were all messing with their hair. Brian A's hair was hysterical. And the guy next to him was messed up too. And Mr. B's hair was to die for! I had so much fun. I can barely talk right now though, and I coughed the whole way to the band room. It was so much fun! I can't wait til we have an away game!!!!

2 comments:

Miles C. said...

Well, I'm glad you had fun...

Lexi Elizabeth said...

you could've had fun too you know.