Monday, July 25, 2005

One Tin Soilder

One tin soldier



Listen children to a story was written long ago,

‘Bout a kingdom on a mountain and a village far below,

On the mountain was a treasure buried deep beneath a stone,

And the valley people swore they’d have it for their very own.


Chorus:


So go ahead and hate your neighbor

Go ahead and cheat a friend,

If you do it in the name of heaven,

You can justify it in the end,

There won’t be any trumpets blowing,

Come the judgment day,

But on the bloody morning after,

One tin soldier rides away.



So the people of the valley sent a message up the hill,

Asking for the buried treasure, tons of gold for which they’d kill,

Came an answer from the mountain with our brothers we will share,

All the secrets of our mountain, all the riches buried there.




Chorus



So the valley cried with anger, mount your horses, draw your swords,

And they killed the mountain people, so they won their just reward,

Now stand beside the treasure, on the mountain dark and red,

Turned the stone and looked beneath it, Peace on Earth was all it said.



Chorus

7 comments:

Tim Parenti said...

OMG! I remember singing that song in middle school choir! I loved it!!!!

AverageGirl said...

haha that's really funny!

Miles C. said...

Um...sure...I've definately never heard that before.

Tim Parenti said...

I meant "I loved it" in that it really provoked some thought...

Matt said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Matt said...

(this is what I deleted, I had to edit it) I've never heard it before, I think, but it's very thought provoking. Isn't it based on a story, or a picture, or something like that? I don't know, I seem to remember something more about it. Hang on a sec, I'll go look... Oh the wonders of the internet! Here's what one guy found about the song and posted on SongFacts.com. Thanks for the song, Lexi. MMmmm, I'm hungry. More later...

Anonymous said...

If you ever seen the movie of Billy Jack, this the them song for the movie which come out in the seventies, about how the american INDIANS where treated.